Sharks Swim Team
The Sharks Swim Team is a fun-filled, competitive swim team open to boys and girls who have achieved at least a beginner level of swimming. The program is designed to bring out the best in each swimmer. Participants will be taught how to become proficient in all competitive swim strokes and will be given the tools to take their swimming to the next level, as well as learn the culture of the sport. Our Swim Team program promotes physical health, friendship building, positive self-esteem, dedication, commitment, and teamwork and is designed to develop each child physically, mentally, and emotionally in safe and caring environment.
Contact Steph Kegelman for Registration Information.
The Sharks are open to boys and girls who have achieved at least a beginner level of swimming. Participants must be able to swim at least 25 yards on their stomach or back and must be 18 years of age or under. The Sharks participate in dual Swim Meets during the season and in two different leagues, one in the Winter season and one in the Summer.
SUMMER SWIM TEAM
Congratulations to our 2016-2017 Winter Sharks Swim Team on another incredible season:
- Championship winners for the third year in a row
- $7,257 raised through Mitzvah Laps, with $5,441 donated to the Ronald McDonald House to adopt a room
- 13 swimmers participating in higher level competition through USA Swimming
If you have any questions, or would be like to be added to our distribution list for the 2017-2018 season, please contact Stephanie Kegelman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get ready for summer swim season by reviewing starts, turns and the four competitive strokes! Start conditioning and build fitness and endurance in a supportive and fun group practice environment. This program is intended for swimmers who have previously been on a swim team.
The 2017 Spring Conditioning program is FULL.
Spring Conditioning 2017 (Mondays & Thursdays):
- Mondays 3/27 - 5/22 (No practice on 4/10 or 4/17)
- Thursdays 4/6 - 5/18 (7 consecutive weeks)
- 5:30-6:30 PM: Aleph, Bet, Gimmel, Dalet*
- 6:30-8 PM: Hey, Vav, Zayin, Chet*
- Alephs, Bets and Dalets will focus primarily on stroke mechanics.
- Gimmels, Heys, Vavs, Zayins and Chets will fine tune their stroke mechanics but will also work on conditioning and building endurance.