Youth & MasterS Swim
Learn about our swim team programs at the J, available for youth and adults (new!).
Youth Swim Team
The Sharks Swim Team is a fun-filled, competitive swim team open to boys and girls who have achieved at least a beginner level of swimming. The program is designed to bring out the best in each swimmer. Participants will be taught how to become proficient in all competitive swim strokes and will be given the tools to take their swimming to the next level, as well as learn the culture of the sport. Our Swim Team program promotes physical health, friendship building, positive self-esteem, dedication, commitment, and teamwork and is designed to develop each child physically, mentally, and emotionally in safe and caring environment.
The Sharks are open to boys and girls who have achieved at least a beginner level of swimming. Participants must be able to swim at least 25 yards on their stomach or back and must be 18 years of age or under. The Sharks participate in dual Swim Meets during the season and in two different leagues, one in the Winter season and one in the Summer.
For more information, please contact Stephanie Kegelman at email@example.com.
2019-2020 Winter SWIM TEAM
- Pre-registration for 2019-2020 Winter Swim Team is open now through August 26th.
- Everyone interested in join the team MUST pre-register. Pre-registration is free and does not guarantee you a spot on the team or your desired practice days/times. Pre-registration will allow us to determine whether swimmers should be participating in age group or USA team practices and which lane they should be practicing in initially.
- Swimmers who swam for the Sharks in 2019 will automatically be assigned a practice group, but everyone else must be evaluated. There will be two evaluation dates during the pre-registration period: Thu, Aug 15, 6-7 PM and Thu, Aug 27, 6-7 PM. These sessions will be held at the Indoor Pool. If you cannot make one of these times, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Please download Winter 2019-2020 group info here.
- Everyone who pre-registered will be assigned a group by Tue, Aug 27. Each group has two practice options with a definitive capacity (with the exception of USA). Once assigned a practice group, families can register.
- Registration will open to members on Wed, Aug 28 and non-members on Tue, Sep 3. Practice options are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
NEW! MASTERS SWIM TEAM
Introducing the Masters Swim program for ages 19+! Join our team and have access to weekly workouts by trained and accredited coaches, who will motivate you and push you to achieve your fitness goals. We are offering a free trial to anyone interested in participating in the program in 2019. This program is intended for experienced swimmers only (must be legal in 3 of 4 competitive strokes).
Team practices will be held on Tuesdays, June 18th - December 31st:
- 6:30 - 7:30 AM | Workout
- 7:30 - 8 AM | Optional Mechanics
Register today for the FREE TRIAL.