101 Garden of Eden Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
We would like to invite you to participate in our annual Mitzvah Laps Fundraiser! This year, we are opening up this event to current winter swim team members, former Sharks, lap swimmers, staff, and members of the JCC community!
All participants gather sponsors before the event, either by lap or flat donations, and then swim as many laps as they can in one hour. It’s a great way to stay fit, challenge yourself, and help those in need!
This year, 75% of the donations will benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) and 25% will benefit the JCC Sharks. The LLS is the world's largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. The LLS mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.
To participate in this community event and fundraiser, please click this link to sign up for a time to swim. There will be dedicated lap counters at all of these times, which you can see below. There will be fun prizes for top finisher of all sessions!
- Sunday, December 8th, 3-4pm (Recommended for All Ages)
- Monday, December 9th, 5-6pm (Recommended for Ages 10 and Younger)
- Monday, December 9th, 6-7pm (Recommended for Ages 11-18)
- Monday, December 9th, 7-8pm (Recommended for Ages 18 and Older)
- Tuesday, December 10th, 5-6pm (Recommended for Ages 10 and Younger)
- Tuesday, December 10th, 6-7pm (Recommended for Ages 11-18)
- Tuesday, December 10th, 7-8pm (Recommended for USA Swimmers)
Then, collect your sponsors. You can submit your sponsors by clicking this link any time before you swim.
Here is the donation link that you can send your sponsors for flat donations. We will follow up with per lap sponsors after the event with how many laps you swam and the donation link.