About Traditional Camp
- All campers participate in engaging, meaningful, and exciting activities including: Arts & Crafts, Nature, Challenge Course, Drama, Music, Sports, Gardening, Dance, and Israeli Culture and Judaic Values.
- Our Camper-to-Staff ratios meet or exceed ACA (American Camp Association) and State of Delaware Standards.
- Instructional swim is provided by Red Cross certified swim instructors each morning for Traditional Camp, and all campers will have free swim each afternoon.
- Every Friday brings a fresh schedule (and a high energy Shabbat program).
- Kosher hot dog lunch each Friday, free of charge, and snack every afternoon.
- A traditional campers participate in weekly fields trips to age-appropriate destinations.
Camp JCC's Traditional Camp runs June 15 - August 14, 2020 for campers entering grades 1-8.
- For participants entering grades 9-11, please visit Teen Camp.
- For ages 2 through rising Kindergartners, please visit Camp K'Ton Ton.
Post-camp programming for Grades 1-6 includes 2 Gesher (Bridge) Weeks: August 17-21 & August 24-28, 2020.
Need help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-478-5660.
Chaverim (Friends): entering grades 1-3
Our Chaverim (Friends) campers entering grades 1-3 enjoy not just our incredible 32-acre campus, but participate in weekly field trips to local, age-appropriate
destinations. Campers also receive swim lessons through the Red Cross Learn-to-Swim program, and participate in counselor-led, customized activities each week (our camper-to-staff ratio is 7 to 1)!
Yeladim (Children): entering grades 4-5
For our campers entering grades 4-5, Camp JCC provides increased autonomy over weekly activities. Our Yeladim (Children) campers have the opportunity to select clubs that best align with their personal interests, while still enjoying swim lessons through the Red Cross Learn-to-Swim program, and spending time with friends throughout the day. Yeladim also travels weekly to popular area destinations.
Na'arim (Youth): entering grades 6-8
A unit just for Na’arim (Youth) entering grades 6-8. We recognize that our middle-school campers want more variety of their camp activities and the opportunity to bond with their peers. In addition to weekly field trips to popular area destinations, our campers in Na’arim will have autonomy over their weekly activities. With self-directed free time, Na’arim will
enjoy a Camp JCC experience tailored just for them.
NEW IN 2020! Hofesh (Freedom): entering grades 9-10
Learn more about our brand new unit for teens entering grades 9-10 on our Teen Camp page.
- AM Car Line Drop-off begins at 8:45 AM
- PM Car Line Pick-up begins at 3:45 PM
Bus available from Ohev Shalom in Wallingford, PA. Pick up at 8 AM and drop off at 4:30 PM.
Pinemere Overnight Camp Experience
Our Yeladim & Na'arim campers may opt into the Pinemere overnight camp experience:
- Three day/two night trip to Pinemere Camp, an overnight camp in the Pocono Mountains during Week 7 (July 29-31, 2020)
- Cost: $50/camper
- Camp JCC provides transportation to and from Pinemere and sends counselors to assist and supervise our campers
- Campers have the opportunity to learn about the residential/overnight camp experience