- All campers participate in engaging, meaningful, and exciting activities including: Arts & Crafts, Nature, Challenge Course, Drama, Music, Sports, Gardening, Dance, and Israeli Culture and Judaic Values.
- Our Camper-to-Staff ratios meet or exceed ACA (American Camp Association) and State of Delaware Standards.
- Instructional swim is provided by Red Cross certified swim instructors each morning for Traditional Camp, and all campers will have free swim each afternoon.
- Every Friday brings a fresh schedule (and a high energy Shabbat program).
- Kosher hot dog lunch each Friday, free of charge, and snack every afternoon.
- Fields trips for campers entering grades 1-8; special visitors for in-house “field trips” for our youngest campers (entering Kindergarten).
Need help? Contact us at email@example.com or 302-478-5660.
Olim (Explorers): entering Kindergarten
- Placed in groups with other campers of the same grade and gender
- Enjoy all of the program area activities, and special guests
- Camper-to-Counselor Ratio of 6 to 1
Chaverim (Friends): entering 1st through 3rd grade
- Provided more independence and ownership over their weekly activities with a choice between activities at certain times throughout each week
- Introduced to our Rock Climbing wall
- Camper-to-Staff Ratio of 7 to 1
Yeladim (Children): entering 4th through 5th grade
- Expansion of Choice Schedule- Electives and Clubs
- Electives- choose from our selection of Activity Areas to build your Summer Schedule when you register
- Clubs- Different half-day specialty level programming every week!
- Fostering their growing needs for autonomy, and providing guidance in decision-making processes
- Helping them develop the skills needed to pair their budding independence with their desire to belong
Na'arim (Youth): entering 6th through 8th grade (NEW!)
- Fun and enriching activities for our oldest traditional campers
- Enjoy Electives and Clubs as well
- Self-Directed time built into the schedule to make every day full of fun choices driven by the campers!
Summer 2018 Specialists
This summer, we have incorporated a number of specialists into our Camp experience! These specialists will provide clubs to our Yeladim and Na'Arim campers, and our Chaverim campers will enjoy activity time with them on Wednesdays.
LocoRobo (Weeks 1, 5, 8, 11) - Cutting edge technology education company that focuses on the basic technical skills that are becoming prevalent in our economy by making it fun and accessible. With the use of robots, drones, 3D printing and a host of other tools not available at most summer camps, they transform a camper’s experience with engaging, relevant STEAM programming!
Chef Lynn (Weeks 3, 10) - This isn’t your normal cooking experience! Chef Lynn has been a staple of the JCC’s youth programming because she doesn’t just have the kids throw stuff into a bowl and call it quits. Going over every ingredient and how it plays into the dish, Lynn gives an overview of both nutrition and chemistry and explains how our food works.
Outdoor Adventure (Weeks 2, 6) - Mike Moran brings his 30 years of outdooring and youth programming to Camp JCC for another the summer! Campers will be exploring the woods on campus, venturing forth on hikes, getting up close and personal with the wildlife, and gearing up for woodland safety. S’mores, anyone?
Wizards and Warriors (Weeks 7, 9) - Dave and Ben, aka the LARP Men, are bringing Live-Action-Role-Play back to Camp JCC! Crafting foam weapons and tools, designing your larping gear, improvisational storytelling, and fort making lie ahead for all campers who take on the challenge!
Club breakdown by week is as follows (click on the image to download):
Learn how to choose your clubs here:
Elective and Club Options
AM and PM Club and Elective breakdowns to be used when selecting availability (click on an image to download):
Learn how to choose your electives here:
- AM Car Line Drop-off begins at 8:45 AM
- PM Car Line Pick-up begins at 3:45 PM
Ohev Shalom Bus
- Arrives at Ohev Shalom: 7:55 AM; departs at 8:05 AM
- Departs JCC: 3:55 PM; returns to Ohev Shalom at 4:30 PM
- Newark Bus leaves around 8:15 AM
- Newark Bus returns around 4:30 PM
Pinemere Overnight Camp Experience
Our Yeladim & Na'arim campers may opt in to the Pinemere overnight camp experience:
- Three day/two night trip to Pinemere Camp, an overnight camp in the Pocono Mountains
- Dates: Wed, July 25 - Fri, July 27 (Camp JCC Week 7)
- Cost: $25/camper
- Camp JCC will provide transportation to and from Pinemere and send counselors to assist and supervise our campers
- Campers will have the opportunity to learn about the residential/overnight camp experience