Our 25-yard, 5-lane indoor pool is available for your swimming pleasure. Enjoy all of the comforts of indoor swimming, while looking out onto the beautiful grounds of the Family Campus.
Opt in to receive Aquatics Updates including lap swim, schedule changes, classes, and more by texting @SWIMJCC to 81010.
The J Outdoor Pool Facility (open Memorial Day through Labor Day) features the largest pool in Wilmington and includes a wading area, a two story spiral water slide, and a separate toddler pool. It has barrier free accessibility and includes a pool lift. Our outdoor pool deck also includes changing rooms, a snack bar, and outdoor games.
For more hours, visit our Hours & Schedules page.
POOL RULES AND SWIM ETIQUETTE
- Swimming is NOT permitted unless there is a lifeguard on duty.
- Shower before entering the pool to remove deodorants, perfumes, and make-up, which will help keep our pool clean. This is a Delaware State Board of Health regulation.
- Proper bathing attire is required.
- Gum, food, drinks, glass containers, and smoking are not permitted in the pool area.
- Running, pushing, dunking, and horseplay are not permitted at any time.
- Indoor pool will close during thunderstorms and remain closed until the threat has passed. Refer to the inclement weather policy posted.
- The lap lanes are for lap swimmers only; use the circle swim pattern.
- Kick boards and pull buoys are for instruction, swim team, and lap swimmers.
- The diving blocks are only for swim team practices or meets.
- No holding on to or sitting on the lap lane ropes.
- Jumping or diving in the shallow end of the pool is never permitted.
- Infants/children who are not toilet-trained and adults who are incontinent, who wish to enter any pool, must wear a swim diaper covered by separate rubber/vinyl pants, all of which must fit snugly around the legs and waist. In addition, appropriate swim attire must be worn over top of the rubber/vinyl pants. No regular diapers are permitted.
- Children ages 14 years old and under MUST pass a swim test before they can be left unsupervised to swim in the deep end of the pool.
- Children ages 7 and under must be accompanied in the water by an adult (minimum of 18 years old).
- Children ages 8 and up must be accompanied by an adult on the pool deck (minimum of 18 years old).
- Children who wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) must have an adult in the water within arm's reach at all times.
- Swimmers must be 16 years of age to utilize lap lanes unless otherwise instructed.
- No water guns or water balloons permitted on the pool deck.
- Obey lifeguards at all times. They are here for your safety and have the full authority of the Aquatics Director to remove any uncooperative or unsafe individuals from the pool area.
Lap swim means that the pool is used for lap swimming in specified lanes. All swimmers will proceed up and down the pool with minimal stops during designated lap swim times. All swimmers are asked to use the circle swim pattern.
Whirlpool, steam room, and sauna facilities are available. Proper bathing attire is required. Ages 15 years and older are permitted. Shaving is not permitted.
Open swim is for all ages with the focus on fun aquatics-based activities.
Adapted Aquatics Facility
Barrier-free accessibility to the indoor pool. Facilities include disabled parking spaces, pool lift, shower, restroom, and changing accommodations.