UPDATE AS OF 7/24/2020 1:30 PM EST
We are going to extend the Gesher program to meet the needs of our families in the Brandywine School District, whose first day of school was pushed to 9/16/2020. Register here. Fees are as follows: $310/$335 for Week 11 (Aug 31 – Sep 4), $250/$275 for Week 12 (Sep 8 – 11, closed Labor Day), and $125/$140 for Week 13 (Sep 14-15). Registration is open until we reach capacity or the Wednesday prior to the instance.
Your Gesher Team
UPDATE AS OF 6/4/2020 6:00 PM EST
We are thrilled to announce that we are opening registration for our Gesher summer program for rising 1st to 6th graders for all families who need care (regardless of parent/guardian work status). As a quick recap, we are not operating Camp JCC this summer; instead, we are offering care via our Gesher (Hebrew for “bridge”) program. Children enrolled in the program will participate in a mix of indoor and outdoor activities, with opportunities to swim. The program will follow all state and health department mandates related to COVID-19. Gesher will offer your child a meaningful and enjoyable experience, with safe social time in person with peers.
A sample schedule can be found here along with further program details.
- Our hours of operation will be Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM. These hours allow us to meet the requirement of limiting the number of staff who are directly caring for each group of children.
- We will limit group size to ensure we meet physical distancing, safety requirements, and best practices.
- Program is available only to children entering grades 1 to 6 in the fall of 2020.
- Drop-off procedures have been altered to allow time for the daily health screening. Details will be provided to those that register.
- Pick-up procedures have also been altered to allow for fewer adults to enter our program spaces in efforts to reduce the spread.
- These guidelines will be reviewed with families upon enrollment.
- We are currently accepting registration on a weekly basis: June 22 through August 24.
- Fees will be a flat weekly rate, based on the weekly schedule of Monday through Friday. There will be no proration of fees based on attendance per week. Weekly rates: $310/member and $335/non-member. (Week of June 29th, $250/member and $275/non-member.)
- If you would like to enroll your child(ren) for Gesher, please do so here.
- For families wishing to start in June, registration is required by Jun 11, so that we can plan groups and staffing.
- Those that are already registered for Gesher do not need to do anything additional in order to keep their enrolled status.
- Registration will first be open to families who had previously been enrolled in Camp JCC. These families have until June 9 to register for any weeks of the program.
- After June 9 any family can register for the program. However, any family looking to register for the weeks in June must do so by June 11.
Please note that the recommendation from the Office of the Governor, is to continue to keep children at home if possible. However, we are committed to providing care to those of our families who need us.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Carrie Kee | Camp & Rec Director
UPDATE AS OF 5/19/2020 4:00 PM EST
Shalom Camp JCC Families,
To better serve our community and provide essential care for those families who need it most during this time, we have decided to move from a set registration deadline for our Gesher summer program to a rolling registration process. We encourage you to check the Governor's list of essential businesses often as it continues to grow. When both parents/caregivers are considered out of home essential workers, you may register your child(ren) to attend our program.
As always, please contact us with any questions. The best way to contact us at this time is through email at email@example.com
Carrie & Matt
Carrie Kee | Camp & Rec Director
Matt Moran | Assistant Camp Director
UPDATE AS OF 5/13/2020 10:00 AM EST
As summer nears, we are reaching out with an important update on how the J will provide summer programming and how it may impact your family’s plans.
First and foremost, thank you for trusting us to make the best decisions possible. We consistently rely on guidance from government and health officials, medical experts, and our industry peers to inform our actions. Thank you for your patience as we navigate these ever-changing times and prioritize the safety, health, and wellbeing of our entire community.
For summer 2020, we are not able to offer our traditional summer camp experience. Instead, we will be hosting our Gesher (Bridge) program from Mon, Jun 22 through Fri, Aug 28. The J applied for and was granted an emergency license to operate emergency childcare for children of essential personnel who work outside of their home. In accordance with Governor Carney’s stay-at-home order and Restarting DE’s Economy plan, initially, we will only be able to offer care to children for whom all caregivers are essential personnel that need to work outside of their home. When the state moves to Phase 2 of the plan or updates restrictions on who is allowed to use childcare, we will re-open registration to our local families.
Our Gesher program will provide small group sizes and include a mix of indoor and outdoor recreation activities. Care through this program will be provided for rising 1st – 6th graders Mon-Fri, 8 AM- 5 PM. See below for more details about Gesher and how to apply.
Please know that we share your disappointment in missing the ruach (spirit) of Camp JCC and recognize the emotional, social, and logistical impacts this may have on our community. We are committed to being as flexible as possible and will continue to stay in contact with you as things change and as further guidance is provided by our government officials.
Based on the above decision, we will be cancelling all 2020 summer Camp JCC registrations; those applying for Gesher will do so in a separate process. You have three options to choose from regarding the fees you have already paid:
- Make this a donation: Consider allocating all or part of the payment you made to the JCC’s Sustainability Fund to ensure a stable future for Camp JCC and our community. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a donation letter for tax purposes.
- Convert to a credit: Convert your Camp JCC fees into a credit in your JCC account, that you use towards future JCC programs. NOTE: This is the default action.
- Request a refund: You may request a refund of all or part of the camp fees you have paid. Please email email@example.com to initiate the refund process, and please allow for up to 30 days for the transaction to post, given limited staff.
The JCC is committed to doing everything in our power to meet the needs of our families and our larger community. As regulations and guidelines permit, we look forward to providing more resources and ways to support you. Please reach out to share your ideas and to ask any questions.
Our friends at Jewish Family Services are offering our community an On-Call Parent Support Line to support families during social distancing. This is a free and confidential emotional support hotline where parents can express themselves, be heard, and gain support. Please call 302-781-4537 between 9 AM-9 PM to continue to be connected and supported by our community. This is not a crisis hotline.
We hope to see you on campus over the summer. Until then, we wish you good health and happiness.
Carrie, Mona & Ivy
Carrie Kee | Camp & Recreation Director
Mona Duwell | COO
Ivy Harlev | CEO
Gesher Program: Summer 2020 at the J
- Designed for rising 1st – 6th graders.
- 10 weeks: Mon, Jun 22 – Fri, Aug 28 (closed on Fri, Jul 3), Mon – Fri, 8 AM – 5 PM; registration required by week
- Small group size: we will follow the DE Office of Childcare Licensing group size requirement. Groups will not mix with other groups based on the current guidelines from State of DE.
- Activities will include a mix of indoor and outdoor recreation. If we are able, we will provide each group with a swim time one to two times per week.
- Qualified and highly trained staff leading each group, ensuring frequent, proper handwashing and sanitization of materials and touch points.
Application Process for Children of Essential Workers:
- If you and the other adults in your household are essential personnel as defined by the Delaware Governor’s stay at home order, you can register by filling out the five forms linked below:
- The forms are fillable PDFs, however the essential personnel form must be printed and signed by each employer. You may scan and email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (302-478-6068), or drop them off to the JCC by appointment between 9 AM and 4 PM, Monday - Friday. All forms must be turned in together with all fields completed to be enrolled.
- Registration will close on June 1st or when we reach capacity.
- A confirmation email will be sent within 48 business hours confirming that your child is enrolled.
Application Process for Children of Non-Essential Workers:
- As Delaware moves into Phase 2 of Governor Carney’s re-opening plan or restrictions are updated on who is allowed to use childcare, you will receive notification from the J that you may apply for care for your child(ren).
- Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions at email@example.com.