About the Program
Gesher staff will incorporate social emotional learning activities and games throughout the schedule since children have been away from their peers in a face-to-face environment for 11+ weeks. It is important to address the backslide of fundamental social skills that inevitably happened during the stay-at-home order. Skills such as waiting for our turn, sharing space and tangibles, listening, conversation, age-appropriate manners, etc. will all be sharpened during the summer with Gesher. This summer will be an imperative building block for our youth in order for them to return to their school setting in late August. We hope that you find this approach to be a priority when looking for summer activities for your child.
- 8-8:30 AM | Arrival at JCC
- 8:30-9:00 AM | Group Games
- 9:10-9:55 AM | Sports
- 10:05-10:55 AM | Swimming
- 11:05-11:55 AM | Arts and Crafts
- 12:05-12:55 PM | Lunch
- 1:05-1:55 PM | Nature Hike
- 2:05-2:55 PM | Music
- 3:05-3:55 PM | Playground
- 4:05-4:30 PM | Snack
- 4:30-5:00 PM | Group Games and Dismissal
Gesher will fully utilize our 32-acre campus. Therefore, activity locations will be a combination of inside and outside spaces.
Health and Safety Measures
The Gesher team is committed to following all of the state and department of health mandates regarding COVID-19. We will follow the below and stay up to date on the updates that both the Governor’s office and Department of Health releases.
- Taking daily temperatures of all participants and staff and excluding those who have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or above.
- Daily health screening questions for parents to answer at drop off.
- Smaller group sizes of up to 10 participants and 2 counselors, with no physical interaction between groups.
- Participants and staff will wash their hands frequently.
- Staff will wear masks. Participants under the age of 13 will not wear masks.
- Equipment and shared supplies will be sanitized regularly throughout the day.