About the Program
Gesher staff will incorporate social emotional learning activities and games throughout the schedule since children have been away from their peers in a face-to-face environment for 11+ weeks. It is important to address the backslide of fundamental social skills that inevitably happened during the stay-at-home order. Skills such as waiting for our turn, sharing space and tangibles, listening, conversation, age-appropriate manners, etc. will all be sharpened during the summer with Gesher. This summer will be an imperative building block for our youth in order for them to return to their school setting. We hope that you find this approach to be a priority when looking for summer activities for your child.
- 8-8:30 AM | Arrival at JCC
- 8:30-9:00 AM | Group Games
- 9:10-9:55 AM | Sports
- 10:05-10:55 AM | Swimming
- 11:05-11:55 AM | Arts and Crafts
- 12:05-12:55 PM | Lunch
- 1:05-1:55 PM | Nature Hike
- 2:05-2:55 PM | Music
- 3:05-3:55 PM | Playground
- 4:05-4:30 PM | Snack
- 4:30-5:00 PM | Group Games and Dismissal
Gesher will fully utilize our 32-acre campus. Therefore, activity locations will be a combination of inside and outside spaces.
Health and Safety Measures
The Gesher team is committed to following all of the state and department of health mandates regarding COVID-19. We will follow the below and stay up to date on the updates that both the Governor’s office and Department of Health releases.
- Taking daily temperatures of all participants and staff and excluding those who have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or above.
- Daily health screening questions for parents to answer at drop off.
- Smaller group sizes of up to 10 participants and 2 counselors, with no physical interaction between groups.
- Participants and staff will wash their hands frequently.
- Equipment and shared supplies will be sanitized regularly throughout the day.
- Face covering policy (updated 8/27):
- Gesher staff must wear a face mask at all times, indoors and outdoors, except when more than 6 feet away from another human to take a drink or when they are in the pool.
- Gesher participants will be required to wear a mask at all times indoors, except when eating and/or drinking. When physical distance from another human of more than 6 feet can be maintained outdoors, the participant can remove their mask. Their mask can stay off outdoors as long as they are maintaining physical distance from all other humans of more than 6 feet in all directions. Masks must be labeled clearly with the child’s full name and sent to Gesher each day. Nightly washing of the face covering is highly encouraged.