Benefits & Policies
Re-opening policies (COVID-19)
Phase 2 Re-Opening Guidelines - effective Mon, Jun 15
- Reservations are required for visits to the J for Fitness (Fitness Center, Gymnasium, and Group Exercise), Aquatics (Indoor & Outdoor Lap Swim/Exercise and Outdoor Toddler Pool), and the Batting Cage.
- Members are asked to sign a new waiver prior to visiting the facility. Please complete your waiver electronically HERE.
- The J will allow members only during Phase 2. No guests please.
- Face coverings are to be worn at all times when on our campus, except for when:
- entering, exiting, or in a pool
- seated as a family unit on the Outdoor Pool Deck
- performing strenuous exercise
- engaged in outdoor recreation (tennis, volleyball, karate)
Outdoor Pool Guidelines
- Reservations required for lap swim, toddler pool, and shallow exercise
- Reservations are not required for open swim, but you may have to wait at the gate if the pool deck is at capacity
- Please bring your own chairs; seating will be limited
- Please come dressed in your bathing suit; limit locker room usage
- Please bring your own water & snacks; Snack Bar & water fountains are closed
- Please review the Outdoor Pool COVID Code of Conduct here
Fitness Center & Gymnasium Guidelines
- The Fitness Center has been reconfigured to allow for physical distancing, and a portion of cardio equipment has been move to the Gymnasium
- Reservations available for cardio equipment in the Gymnasium and strength/cardio mix in the Fitness Center
- Limited to 18 members in the Gymnasium and 16 members in the Fitness Center at a time
- Please bring your own water; water fountains are closed
- Please review the Fitness COVID Code of Conduct here
Group Exercise Guidelines
- Reservations available for all group classes on campus
- All onsite classes will be held outdoors (Yoga classes will meet at the JFS Garden; all other classes will be at the outdoor basketball courts)
- Weather contingency for outdoor classes:
- For 6:30 AM classes: At 8 PM the night before class, when THE WEATHER CHANNEL/Weather.com app for Chadds Ford Township gives a 40% or greater chance of rain for the scheduled 6:30 AM class time, class is canceled. Registered participants will receive an email.
- For 8, 9 & 10 AM classes: At 7 AM before class, when THE WEATHER CHANNEL/Weather.com app for Chadds Ford Township gives a 40% or greater chance of rain for the scheduled class time, class is canceled. Registered participants will receive an email.
- For 5:30 & 6:30 PM classes: At 2 PM before class, when THE WEATHER CHANNEL/Weather.com app for Chadds Ford Township gives a 40% or greater chance of rain for the scheduled class time, class is canceled. Registered participants will receive an email.
- Classes may be canceled should the heat index rise to Heat Advisory or greater levels for our area during the scheduled class time, according to the National Weather Service.
Indoor Pool Guidelines
- Reservations available for deep end exercise, lap swim, and shallow exercise
- Limited to 6 members at a time
- Please review the Indoor Pool Code of Conduct here
Batting Cage Guidelines (starting Mon, Jul 6)
- Reservations are required to use the Batting Cage.
- You must bring your own equipment.
- Time slots may only be shared by members of the same household.
- Monitor yourself for symptoms of illness and stay home if you are sick. Report a confirmed COVID case to the J to support contact tracing efforts.
- Practice physical distancing and keep at least 6 feet of space between yourself and others whenever possible.
- Wear a cloth face covering in public settings.
- Wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer when necessary.
- Wipe down and clean all equipment before and after use.
- Follow instructions provided by our staff.
All new full members (who have not had a J membership in the past year) will pay a one-time enrollment fee and a one-time processing fee at time of joining.
Any change to a membership category is the responsibility of the member. These changes will be instituted at the time of membership renewal.
Cancellation of Membership
J memberships are initially for one year. Members who wish to cancel their membership after their first year may do so with 30 days written notice. Members are responsible for 30 days of membership dues at the time of notification. If membership is cancelled prior to the completion of the first year, the remaining dues for the year will be charged.
If you are unable to use the J facilities for an extended period due to travel, illness, or injury, please notify the membership department in writing. Full Memberships can be placed on “freeze” one time in a membership year for up to three consecutive months, at which time there will be no dues or fees charged. Early Childhood Center members cannot freeze their memberships because an active Family membership is required.
Membership ID Cards
Membership ID Cards allow access to areas of the J in which you are a registered user. Membership ID Cards are required to access areas of the J facility and campus. If your Membership ID Card is lost or stolen, notify the membership office immediately. A new card will be issued for $10. If your membership is not renewed, you must return your card(s) to the membership office.
Financial Aid may be available based on income and circumstances. Proof of income and other additional documents are required to proceed in this process. Additional information and forms are available at the J's Front Desk and on our website. All information is kept strictly confidential. All program registration deadlines apply. Financial Aid is not guaranteed. If you are receiving Financial Aid, you must reapply each year if you are still in need of assistance.
Entrance to the J's facilities is restricted to members and visitors having a valid reason for entering the facilities. Your J Membership ID Card must be with you at all times. In facilities that use a swipe/buzzer system to control entry, do not allow anyone who is not in your party to enter the building with you. It is important that each member scan their ID card to enter and each visitor use the intercom system for entry.
Fitness Center Age policies
- Children under the age of 12
- Not permitted in the Fitness Center under any circumstances
- Children aged 12-13
- Must be accompanied by an adult (over 18) who remains immediately next to them at all times
- May only use the cardio equipment
- Parents must sign a Waiver/Parental Permission Form that is filed in the Fitness Center
- Children aged 14-15
- May use the cardio equipment unsupervised
- May use the weight training equipment unsupervised by an adult IF they have gone through an orientation at the JCC with a JCC trainer
- Parents must sign a Waiver/Parental Permission Form that is filed in the Fitness Center
- Must be accompanied by an adult (over 18) who remains immediately next to them at all times when using the weight training equipment if they have NOT gone through an orientation at the JCC with a JCC trainer
- Children aged 16-17
- Have full adult privileges
A waiver may be signed electronically for children ages 12-17 by clicking here.
Did you know that your J membership is honored at most JCC’s anywhere in the United States and Canada? The J extends reciprocity to JCC members from other places for two consecutive weeks. A letter from your JCC is required along with your ID for entry.
Help your employees gain maximum physical fitness in our state-of-the-art facilities! Corporate Membership can be catered to meet your company’s needs.
The J is delighted to welcome guests of current members. Guests must be accompanied by a member. All guests and visitors must sign in.
- Under the age of 12: $5
- Ages 12 and up: $10
Safety and Privacy Policies
Dropping Off Children
Children who are under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the J campus at all times unless participating in a J sponsored program that indicates adults need not be in attendance.
Traffic and Parking
Your Membership ID card is needed in order to open the parking lot security access gates. Drive slowly through our parking lots and obey stop signs and designated handicap spaces. Do not park in front of buildings. The Fire Marshal mandates clear passage access for emergency purposes. Illegally parked cars will be towed at owner’s expense. No Trespassing.
Safety Equipment is Available
There are AED’s (Automatic External Defibulators) located throughout the facility.
Use of Photographs and Video
The J reserves the right to use photographs and images of our members and program participants in newspapers, brochures, magazines, newsletters, promotional videos, and on our website.
- J Sponsored Programs & Services: On-campus J events should have kosher option(s), but may include unhechsured dairy (i.e., pizza, soft pretzels, veggie trays, alcohol). These options will be labeled appropriately.
- No mixing of meat and dairy
- No serving/selling pork, shellfish, or unkosher meat
- Kitchen and grills remain under Va’ad of Delaware Kosher supervision
- Lunches brought in for children to consume during ECC, KidsPlace, or Camp must be non-meat. Food brought in for the entire class must also be non-meat and are required to have a Va’ad approved Kosher symbol on it.
- When the J is sponsoring an off campus program: Programs should be kosher; otherwise, kosher style with a kosher option.
- Personal Consumption for Members and Guests: Members and guests are asked to consume kosher-style food indoors and outdoors.
- J Facility Rental Policy: Food brought to the J facility may be unhechsured meat and/or unhechsured dairy. Mixing of meat and dairy is allowed. No pork, shellfish, or use of kosher kitchens or grills is permitted.
The J kitchens are supervised by the Va’ad Hakashruth. All groups wishing to utilize our kitchen facilities must conform to Kashruth regulations.
- The J is a non smoking facility and campus.
- There are no pets permitted on or in the J facility or campus.
- The J reserves the right to terminate a membership.