Teen Camps are a great option for families transitioning into new schedules with independently minded teenagers. Too young for a full-time paying job, and not old enough maybe to stay home on their own for weeks at a time, Camp JCC knows how to keep teenagers engaged for summer fun. Plus, we encourage our teens to sign up together as these summer months are all about hanging out with your friends. Your teen can bring their friends along or discover new friends with the same interests. Summer is about fun with friends at this age!
- Fun and enriching activities for our oldest campers
- Fostering their growing needs for autonomy, and providing guidance in decision-making processes
- Helping them develop the skills needed to pair their budding independence with their desire to belong
2020 programming for participants entering grades 9-11 will be offered weeks 2-8, June 22 - August 7.
NEW IN 2020! Hofesh (Freedom) | entering grades 9-10
A brand new unit for teens entering grades 9-10! Hofesh (Freedom) will help teens develop the skills needed to pair their budding independence with their desire to belong, all while participating in entertaining activities. Our goal is to engage teens, while fostering growth and providing guidance in decision-making. Hofesh will engage in two field trips per week (1 of which will be self-selected) while also experiencing freedom on campus.
Hofesh will be offered weeks 2-8 in 2020.
Cost: $310/week (9 AM - 4 PM)
UPDATED FOR 2020! Counselors in Training (CITs) | entering grade 11
If you have a young person who will be entering 11th grade in the fall and is thinking about a future summer job as a camp counselor, our CIT program is an ideal "practice-run" to see if they can handle the responsibility of meeting a daily schedule, being accountable for a group of younger children and maintaining calm under pressure from a full day of activities. Highlights include:
- Have fun at Camp JCC while getting hands-on training working with campers and counselors
- Participate in team building from the perspective of a participant and as a team leader
- CIT’s will spend time with the specialists and bunks each week to gain real experience working with children and staff
- Spend time with their fellow CIT’s and gain insight on how to turn their CIT lessons into resume- building experiences
The CIT program will be offered weeks 2-8 in 2020. The maximum number of weeks that a CIT may participate in 4 (with a cap of 10 participants per week).
Please note: an application process is required prior to registering for the CIT program. Details coming soon!